The Central Digital and Data Office has published a roadmap document, Transforming for a Digital Future, written in collaboration with government departments and outlining where it wants the sector to be by 2025.
Alex Chisholm, Chief Operating Officer for the Civil Service and Permanent Secretary, Cabinet Office, outlines how government’s new digital strategy will drive transformation.
This report outlines the government’s plans and strategies for harnessing the power of digital technology and data to drive innovation and improve public services.
The roadmap covers a three-year period from 2022 to 2025 and provides a comprehensive overview of the government’s vision and objectives, and begins with an introduction that highlights the importance of digital transformation in driving economic growth and improving public services. It emphasizes the need for a comprehensive roadmap to guide the government’s efforts in this area.
- Digital Transformation Strategy – The government’s digital transformation strategy is outlined in this section. It focuses on key areas such as improving digital infrastructure, enhancing digital skills, and promoting innovation in the public sector. The strategy aims to create a digital-first government that delivers efficient and user-centric services.
- Data Governance and Management – This section discusses the government’s plans for data governance and management. It highlights the importance of data as a strategic asset and outlines measures to ensure its responsible and secure use. The government aims to establish robust data governance frameworks and promote data sharing across departments.
- Cybersecurity and Privacy – Cybersecurity and privacy are critical considerations in the government’s digital roadmap. This section outlines the government’s plans to strengthen cybersecurity measures and protect citizens’ privacy. It emphasizes the need for a proactive approach to identify and mitigate cyber threats.
- Infrastructure and Connectivity – Infrastructure and connectivity play a crucial role in enabling digital transformation. This section discusses the government’s plans to invest in digital infrastructure, including broadband and mobile connectivity. It also highlights the importance of ensuring equal access to digital services across the country.
- Skills and Workforce Development – The government recognizes the importance of developing digital skills and a capable workforce. This section outlines initiatives to promote digital skills training and support workforce development. It emphasizes the need to address the digital skills gap and ensure that the workforce is equipped for the digital future.
- Public Services and Citizen Engagement – Improving public services and citizen engagement is a key objective of the government’s digital roadmap. This section discusses initiatives to enhance digital public services, promote open data, and engage citizens in decision-making processes. It emphasizes the importance of user-centric design and personalized services.
The report concludes by summarizing the key points and highlighting the government’s commitment to digital transformation. It emphasizes the need for collaboration and partnership between government, industry, and citizens to achieve the vision outlined in the roadmap.